​​​Tri-County Tag Service Inc.     


What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept Cash, Check, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and Money Orders

What are the steps for New Residents registering their vehicle(s) in Pennsylvania?

1.  Obtain Pennsylvania Driver's License or Identification Card

2.  Obtain Pennsylvania Proof of Insurance

3.  Register Your Motor Vehicles

4.  Complete Safety and Emission Inspections, as required by county

What documents are needed for a title transfer?

1.  The Original Title to the vehicle

2.  All Sellers on the front of the title must be present with valid ID, if the title requires notary (All Pennsylvania Titles require Notary)

3.  All Buyers going onto the title must be present with valid Pennsylvania Drivers License, ID Card or a Military ID

4.  All Company Transactions will require a Letter of Authorization for the signer to sign on behalf of the Company

5.  The current odometer reading on the vehicle (not required for trailers, ATVs, Snowmobiles or Boats)

6.  Valid Insurance Card in the buyer's name (not required for Title Onlys, trailers, ATVs, Snowmobiles or Boats)

7.  Verification of the VIN Number for all Out of State title transfers

8.  Any Lien Satisfaction paperwork, if a lien is listed on the title

9.  Bill of Sale between the buyer and seller

10.  If an Out of State Vehicle is being given as a gift, proof of sales tax paid by the sellers is required

11.  Any necessary name change documents, if name differs from title or ID

12.  If using a Power of Attorney, must have the Original Power of Attorney paperwork (Limited Power of Attorneys are only good for 90 days)

13.  Death Procedures require a Will and an Original Death Certificate or an Original Short Certificate.  If the deceased did not have a will, then the spouse and all adult children over the age of 18 will need to sign.  Contact our office for further details.

What do I do if I am still making payments on the vehicle or it is leased and I do not have the Original Title?

You would need to contact our office to receive a letter to request the Title from your bank.

How much does a title transfer cost?

Please contact our office for approximate cost as each title transfer will have different fees associated with it.  Our email address is tricountytagservice@yahoo.com or please call the number listed on the Contact Page for the location you will be visiting.